Session Series: Marketing in China - How to sell to a billion people
This seven-part series takes you on a journey through the digital landscape in China. Leading you through strategies and techniques are highly renowned industry experts who’ll unveil the secrets of successful marketing in in the Chinese market.
- Learn how to successfully tackle the idiosyncrasies of the Chinese market in terms of target group, branding and ecommerce
- Understand how SEO for Baidu is fundamentally different from Google and hear Marcus Pentzek, Chief SEO Consultant at Searchmetrics, bust some common Baidu myths.
- Set up optimal and sustainable SEO, SEA and Social Media Marketing strategies customized for the Chinese market
Wendy is the Head of Digital Products at Chozan with over 4 years’ of experience working with Chinese social media as a core marketing strategy. Wendy shares her top insights into:
- The unique nature of the Chinese Social Media landscape including the most important social networks
- The most lucrative Social Media marketing strategies
- Updates on the hottest Social Media trends in China
Special Offer: Ashley Dudarenok, the founder of Chozan will hold a Marketing Masterclass called ‘China Digital Marketing: Get Ready for 2021’ on November 24th. Register here to grab Discounted Early Bird Tickets.
Cami, from Oddity Asia, is an innovator with a start-up mentality and 10+ years of experience managing cross-cultural/industry teams in large global tech and ecommerce businesses in China. In Cami’s presentation, she’ll show:
- How to master cross-border ecommerce for the Chinese market
- How to sell your products in China without physically having a warehouse or official store based in China
- The needs to consider in terms of target group, marketplace, marketing and brand awareness.
Mason is Head of Marketing at Alarice and has more than 7 years of experience in Chinese social media marketing. In this session, Mason will introduce you to:
- Social Media Marketing best practice of 2020 in China
- The hands-on implementation of Social Media strategies
- Tips and tricks to look out for
Tait Lawton is the highly renowned founder of the Nanjing Marketing Group. Originally from Canada, he moved to China in 2003, started his own company and never looked back. In his presentation he will share:
- The essentials of running SEA on Baidu
- Important insights into the Baidu Ads Platform backend
- Tips on if and how Google Analytics still works in China
Marcus is Chief SEO Consultant at Searchmetrics and has been working in digital marketing since 2008, with a focus on SEO. He was the Head of Marketing for a Chinese firm having lived in Chine between 2011 and 2013. We he returned to Germany he specialized in helping western businesses with their International SEO strategies, including SEO for China Marcus’s presentation will cover:
- The differences between SEO for Google and SEO for Baidu
- Show you how to increase your company’s success on Baidu
- Bust some commonly held myths about SEO for Baidu, which in his opinion “are repeated by China SEOs far too often.”
Kun has 10 years of experience in search engine marketing, social media marketing and mobile marketing. He is the CEO of Jadegital based in Shanghai, China. Kun will show you:
- Live examples of Baidu Webmaster Tools (called, Baidu Zhanzhang)
- Things to look out for on your website using Baidu Webmaster Tools
Fenny, from Oddity Asia, is a professional with over 9+ years of experience in Business Development and Marketing across Europe and Asia.
In her presentation she will discuss:
- The Southeast Asian ecommerce market
- The differences between Southeast Asian and the Chinese market
- The challenges you will face in this market
- The benefits and considerations of entering this competitive market as a western company.