Only working solution to close the keyword data gap created by Google’s expansion of secure search
New York, New York, December 09, 2013: Searchmetrics has introduced the only working search analytics solution to fill the knowledge gap created by Google’s expansion of secure search which has left digital marketers and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) professionals unable to track which keywords are driving traffic to individual web pages from organic searches.
The company’s new Traffic Insight feature provides an analysis of the top keywords that drive traffic to specific landing pages, including the specific traffic (Traffic Impact) data for each of those keywords.
“Website owners, and their digital marketing and SEO professionals have struggled in the wake of the keyword data “not provided” challenge created by Google’s expansion of secure search,” explained Marcus Tober, CTO and Founder of Searchmetrics. “Knowing which keywords drive your organic traffic gives you essential insights about the main reasons why people might be visiting specific web pages and in what numbers. It lets you plan meaningful SEO and digital marketing strategies based around prioritizing keywords and optimizing web content to better drive traffic and conversions.”
The new Traffic Insight feature is available within the Searchmetrics Suite, digital marketing platform. To estimate the traffic that individual keywords are bringing to a URL, the software runs advanced mathematical calculations using data from a number of sources. This includes:
- A list of the top ranking keywords for any URL. These are aggregated from several sources: Firstly, the keywords that are analyzed within Searchmetrics’ unique, continually update cloud database of search engine results data (includes the search results of 240m keywords); and secondly, the 100 highest ranking keywords for any URL which Google Web master tools continues to make available to web masters
- Where URLs rank in searches for individual keywords (via Searchmetrics’ database)
- Search volume data for individual keywords
- Data from advanced click-through modeling – which helps Searchmetrics develop a sophisticated understanding of the distribution of click-throughs for URLs according to where they are positioned within search engine results pages
- Website analytics data
“We combine a variety of data and perform some sophisticated ‘reverse engineering’ calculations so that we can work backwards to give back much of the hidden keyword data that Google has taken away. No one else is currently able to offer this type of solution that hands keyword search insights back to SEOs, digital marketers and website owners,” said Tober.
Tom Schuster, Searchmetrics’ CEO said: “The introduction of Traffic Insight is an indication of Searchmetrics’ goal of being the world’s most complete provider of data and tools to help businesses succeed in digital marketing. We recognized that the loss of keyword data was a huge challenge for digital marketers and search professionals and made it a priority to come up with a real solution, rather than just marketing hype. A key reason why we’re the first to do this, is the investment in time and resources we’ve made in maintaining the unique database of global search engine data which powers our software platform, and our commitment to accurate data and recommendations.”
More information about Searchmetrics’ Traffic Insight feature can be found at here.
In addition to Traffic Insight, Searchmetrics has introduced a number of other new features in the Searchmetrics online marketing platform:
- Direct Search Engine Performance Comparisons for Desktop, Mobile & Local Rankings
- New Web-Analytics Integrations: Webtrekk, Coremetrics, Webtrends & AT Internet
- Market Analysis & Market Share Growth for PPC advertising
- Monitoring the performance of Google Product Listing Ads (PLAs)
- NEW & OUT flags for keyword rankings
You have questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us.