A Summary of High Value Content Tips and Tricks from Searchmetrics
Welcome to our summary on identifying, optimizing and evaluating high value content.
Identifying High Value Content
- Understand what your customers value and build content around it.
- Evaluate existing content with high potential — content that has the right characteristics to grow.
- Analyze your content against your competitors and enhance it.
Optimizing Your Existing High Value Content
- Take a hard look at your data with your goals in mind. After all, the answers are always in the data.
- Evaluate your domain authority and enhance the technical aspects of your website to improve your overall rankings.
- Analyze your competitors to discover why they are performing better. Then improve your high value content that drives traffic to your website, to optimize for position zero.
Content Optimization for Maximum Reach
- Know that you are never done optimizing a piece of content, especially if it’s valuable and drives traffic to your website.
- Content is also constantly evolving — even evergreen content — so you need to stay on top of changes with Google Trends, and understand what your prospects value.
- And you should always prioritize content, where you will have the biggest impact in the shortest period of time with the least amount of effort.
Content Evaluation Time Savers
- The key to evaluating high value content is to conduct keyword research, do an SEO audit and uncover hidden opportunities through data analysis.
- Identify content that will help convert prospects that are farthest down the funnel.
- Always ask yourself, “Have I created and optimized content for which there is strong market demand?”